Source: Stockbridge Area genealogical/historical Society
•Gregory is located to the East of Stockbridge and is part of Unadilla Township.
•The town began as a station on a branch of the Grand Trunk Western Railroad, which came through a farm owned by Halstead Gregory, in 1884 and thus the train stop was named after the farmer.
•Halstead built a store near the depot and became the first postmaster in March 1884.
•The Township Hall is located at 126 Webb St in Gregory..